Has your school converted all courses to online? Still scrambling to figure out what this means for your course? Jennifer Cainas (University of South Florida), Tracie Miller-Noble (Austin Community College) and me (Kent State University) will be hosting two 30-minute webinars this coming week. One will address the options for online office hours and the other will cover ideas for building online student engagement.
Details and registration links for each of the webinars are below.
Title: Options for online office hours
Date/time: Monday, March 16, 4 – 4:40 pm (Eastern)
- Registration link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QnF311-8QXGEZx76jsi5-Q
- Description: Wondering how you can host online office hours? Join us for a 30-minute webinar on Monday, March 16, at 4 pm (Eastern) about ways you can hold office hours online. Join Wendy Tietz, Jennifer Cainas, and Tracie Miller-Nobles as we talk about how we have hosted office hours online for a variety of online classes.
Title: Ideas for online student engagement
- Date/time: Tuesday, March 17, 2 – 2:30 pm (Eastern)
- Registration link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_bXGwEJ6YTPmEAoUJGqEBWw
- Description: Engaging students in an online environment is different than in an in-person class. Join us for a 30-minute webinar on Tuesday, March 17, 2 – 2:30 pm (Eastern) about ways you can build student engagement in an online environment. Join Wendy Tietz, Jennifer Cainas, and Tracie Miller-Nobles as we share how we have built student engagement in our own online classes.
We hope to see you online Monday and Tuesday!
Have a great day – and keep calm, it will all be okay.
Wendy, Jennifer, and Tracie